Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Dream: Orange Balloon


I recently had a dream. The whole thing escapes me except for the image of an orange balloon. It is full of helium and held by someone (possibly me) on a string in a park.

I'm very big on dreams, symbolism, and the interpretation of dreams. It may be a by product of my interest in Freud, Jung, and the human psyche.

After I dream, I look up certain features on this site: http://www.dreammoods.com I have been ridiculed for using a website to help but to be honest, the symbols in dreams are nothing new. Someone has had them before you and before that person. Therefore, staying consistent with the concept of the collective unconscious, I find this site to be valuable.

According to Dream Moods:

Balloon:
To see balloons in your dream, indicate declining hopes and disappointments in your search for love. A situation in your life will take a turn downward...
To see an ascending balloon in your dream, signifies frustrating conditions in your life in which you are seeking to rise above. You are expressing a desire to escape.

Orange:
Orange denotes hope, friendliness, courtesy, generosity, liveliness, sociability, and an out-going nature. You may want to expand your horizons and look into new interests. It also represents a stimulation of the senses.

These interpretations in combination fit with what has been going on in my life. I do have a desire to escape.


=~.^=
La Vixxen

2 comments:

  1. I dream of balloons often.

    Last night was an orange balloon.
    I purchased it from a store (I think).

    I was going to tie a letter or note to it with my name and email and let it go... but I never got to that point.

    --- One dream that I enjoyed was being in my back yard playing as a kid. I looked up and saw tons of colorful balloons. It felt so real. I was curious -- where could they have come from.

    --- I think balloons in the sky mean hopes and dreams that one can't quite grab and catch. they're too far out of reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dream of seeing a bunch of different colored balloons sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete